facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Quality of life improvements

Napisany przez MTX, 19-04-2019, 15:04

Quality of life improvements

Offline Remolit

That's kind of the point of premium...
10 car slots for "non pay2win" players should be about enough.
Compare 5 to 10:
5 - 1 car from each main class;
10 - 2 cars from each main class;
an increase like that doesn't seem like much, but it's already going to make a helluva lot of impact for newer players. And it won't keep people waiting for as much to get the free premium given for various occasions.
Of course, putting the numbers in a very overexaggerated perspective, premium users get unLimITed poWERs!

Offline Tekk

(02-05-2019, 21:59)Remolit Wrote: That's kind of the point of premium...

Yeah. But actually even 10 is too much. As that would allow every cheapskate to buy most (if not all) of the meta cars and never even think of getting a premium once. Having an infinite amount of car slots is one of the key features, while having more dyno slots and layers probably goes right after. Rest of the stuff doesn't really affect the gameplay all that much. Like, selling your cars for a better price (compared to non-premium) is cool and all, but since you already have premium with the infinite amount of slots, it makes selling idea completely pointless. The only situation where it would be reasonable is when you have literally no money but willing to buy yourself another stock bucket. Though, how can this even be a thing, when just DH + Mag alone giving you +$1800, milestones giving you another +$1200 and freeroam cash is giving you +$2550. That's without doing a single race. IMO, this one shouldn't be changed.

Offline Nick33BC

(03-05-2019, 03:23)Tekk Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 21:59)Remolit Wrote: That's kind of the point of premium...

Yeah. But actually even 10 is too much. As that would allow every cheapskate to buy most (if not all) of the meta cars and never even think of getting a premium once. Having an infinite amount of car slots is one of the key features, while having more dyno slots and layers probably goes right after. Rest of the stuff doesn't really affect the gameplay all that much. Like, selling your cars for a better price (compared to non-premium) is cool and all, but since you already have premium with the infinite amount of slots, it makes selling idea completely pointless. The only situation where it would be reasonable is when you have literally no money but willing to buy yourself another stock bucket. Though, how can this even be a thing, when just DH + Mag alone giving you +$1800, milestones giving you another +$1200 and freeroam cash is giving you +$2550. That's without doing a single race. IMO, this one shouldn't be changed.
Whether you are a casual player, A player who wants to try everything or a try-hard the 5 car limit is a pain in the ass. And making the game a pain in the ass just to make people donate is not cool in my book.

I bought almost every car in the game a long time ago so none of this affects me anymore, I even have 3 SGTs now. I am thinking about the new players, I don't want the new players to be driven off by such things. The idea of buying a premium subscription full of stuff i don't want in the slightest, Just so i can get the 1 thing i need, Which is more car slots so i can play the game properly just feels gross and makes me not want to buy it.

There needs to be more car slots for normal players. How many is up for debate. But 5 is not enough.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Offline Tekk

(03-05-2019, 12:03)Nick33BC Wrote: make people donate is not cool in my book.

No one makes you to donate, it's still perfectly possible to play the game without it.

(03-05-2019, 12:03)Nick33BC Wrote: I bought almost every car in the game a long time ago so none of this affects me anymore

So did I, and it doesn't affect me neither.

(03-05-2019, 12:03)Nick33BC Wrote: I am thinking about the new players, I don't want the new players to be driven off by such things.

As I already said, no one's forcing you to donate. Especially in the beginning. When you're new, you can't afford yourself much, and all of the other car classes are locked anyways. Giving newcomers more slots is not gonna change anything.

(03-05-2019, 12:03)Nick33BC Wrote: The idea of buying a premium subscription full of stuff i don't want in the slightest, Just so i can get the 1 thing i need, Which is more car slots so i can play the game properly just feels gross and makes me not want to buy it.

So what you're suggesting right now is just giving you *that one useful* thing for free, and with that, leaving the idea of premium to be completely pointless. Yeah right, that will definitely gonna make you to buy it later, sure.

We can go the other way around and get rid of all of the "i don't want in the slightest" features so you'd have to pay only for something you need. Would that make more sense to buy it in your case?

€2 is not that big of a price to pay. This server doesn't have ads, doesn't ask you to support it every day/week/month/year and so on, as many other servers do. I believe the only reason premium feature even exist is just so people could cover the host fees.

Offline Nick33BC

(03-05-2019, 17:11)Tekk Wrote: No one makes you to donate, it's still perfectly possible to play the game without it.
I didn't say it makes people have to donate, I never said it's impossible to play without donating. Where did you get that from? I said,
(03-05-2019, 12:03)Nick33BC Wrote: And making the game a pain in the ass just to make people donate is not cool in my book.
And i meant "making the game a pain in the ass just to make more people donate is not cool". It is a pain in the ass to only have 5 slots. And telling people to donate to fix that problem isn't fair to players. I played the game without donating and i did fine but that doesn't mean i wasn't annoyed by it. It even made me think of quitting at one point.

(03-05-2019, 17:11)Tekk Wrote: As I already said, no one's forcing you to donate. Especially in the beginning. When you're new, you can't afford yourself much, and all of the other car classes are locked anyways. Giving newcomers more slots is not gonna change anything.
Seriously, Where did you get the idea that i was saying it forces you to donate?
But if you read what i was saying before, I was giving the idea of being able to unlock more car slots as you progress. Stuff like 3 or 5 car slots for every 250K RP. So you have something to continue working for. Instead of having to sell all the cars you want to keep to try something new when you get to 350k+ RP. I was never saying low RP people needed more slots.

(03-05-2019, 17:11)Tekk Wrote: So what you're suggesting right now is just giving you *that one useful* thing for free, and with that, leaving the idea of premium to be completely pointless. Yeah right, that will definitely gonna make you to buy it later, sure.
Premium gives you unlimited slots. What do you mean for free? I never suggested unlimited slots for free. I am talking about having 8-10 slots at 250K RP and 11-15 Slots at 500K RP. And i mentioned adding a way to donate for more slots permanently which would be a another way to support the server.

Premium would still give unlimited slots. Many high RP players have multiple of every car, If you use a car for many things you may want 3 or 4 of it. Even 40 slots would still be restricting for high RP players. Meaning Premium's unlimited slots would still be worth. And the 10 or so slots you can buy permanent would be a new extra way to gain donations if people don't want the subscription based Premium.

I am normally happy to debate things like this but it is very confusing to me how you have responded, It is like you didn't even read what i said before responding. :(
[Image: giphy.gif]

Offline LeonSkript

Honestly i wouldn't mind increasing the cap to 7 or 8, that'd allow some players to have more breathing room to buy more cars that they want and isn't a lot.
[Image: puvIAqJ.jpg]

Offline SandKing

But i agree with 10 slots in garage. Because i have enough rp and money. 10 slots is reference to NFSMW

Redmi 5A cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Offline MTX

10 slots is already way better, and it would make it possible for people to play kind of normally (you sometimes need several cars of the same type for URLs etc.), but does it compare to infinity? No way. It would be much more sensible to make car slots unlockable by playing, with the max amount of slots being infinite. Premium will get you there in 1 click, without premium you will have to grind. If the grind is appropriate (that means not too short and also not too long), it will be the very best thing to do.

And as someone mentioned NFS:W. That is a collectors game, just like this server. 5 Cars just dont cut it in this sort of games and the current NFS:W community would tear you apart if you told them they could only have 5 cars forever. Also just BTW the current NFS:W (Soapbox Race:World) is completely free, speedboost (premium currency) doesnt even exist there, everything is earned by playing, and it has been going for more than a year now and is getting better and more popular every day.

Also have you ever tried playing NFSSA without premium? At some point in time you cannot buy any more cars, because if you want to, you have to sell one of your old cars and you most likely have the cars visually tuned and dont want to sell them because if you do, you lose all your hard work and not even re-buying the car will help because all the vinyls and visual parts will be gone. So yeah, 5 slots in a collector based game is not good enough, not even 10 I dare say.

I tried creating a new driver as a workaround and almost immediately after that I quit the game entirely. It was pure madness.

Offline Tekk

(03-05-2019, 19:03)Nick33BC Wrote: i meant "making the game a pain in the ass just to make more people donate is not cool". It is a pain in the ass to only have 5 slots. And telling people to donate to fix that problem isn't fair to players.

Well apparently I got that part wrong, but still, I don't find the whole situation being as much of a pain as you say.

The point stands still, if you will giving more free slots to people, no one's gonna support the server with buying premiums. Even 10 slots is enough to buy most, if not all of the meta cars. That's what the majority of the server drives. I rarely see people buying cars from any class without asking "what's best". Do you really believe that people care enough to buy Washington, Bravura or Walton and gonna spend really money just to get these? Please.

You gotta give people additional features with premium, but so it wouldn't be breaking the balance. It is working the best right now, in my opinion.

Edit:

(03-05-2019, 19:03)Nick33BC Wrote: But if you read what i was saying before, I was giving the idea of being able to unlock more car slots as you progress. Stuff like 3 or 5 car slots for every 250K RP. So you have something to continue working for.

To be honest, I can't find this anywhere. Maybe I'm blind.

Offline Remolit

You're just going in circles.
And MTX, your viewpoint is E X T R E M E L Y overexaggerated. By the time you get "inf" cars, MTA:SA will reach 3.0. Let's go by your view then...
1 - By the time you get enough money to buy "inf" cars, you'll get a free premium either way, just by logging on during specific dates. It's not hard.
2 - By the time a new player would NEED to go over 5 car slot limit, they'd probably have D class already unlocked... twice.
3 - Don't compare this to SBRW. Don't you have standards? Atleast compare this to EA NFS:W... and you did have to pay SpeedBoost to get more slots. It was a lot more money consuming than 2E for "inf" slots.
4 - I had an idea to introduce a choice between 1 slot and some other reward for completing Level 3 Race tasks. Would be enough for newer players. It would also provide them with more... motivation to play races.
It's not as horrible as you make it sound. If you can't settle for 10 or 8 slots, you don't deserve anything. Giving unlimited slots to everyone is a horrible idea and would completely kill premium purchase popularity.