facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

About obtaining the Deluxo...

Napisany przez Martinz, 08-01-2018, 23:30

About obtaining the Deluxo...

Offline Martinz

Disclaimer: While writing this thread I've tried to remain impartial, however I can't promise that the end result won't be subjective.

-=-=-

Let's start the thread by coming out with the grand statement it will revolve around...
The current method of unlocking the Deluxo is fundimentally a bad design.

Now that I've thrown this out, allow me to elaborate upon the topic.

I'd like to make it clear - I completely understand the reason why the unlock requirements for the Deluxo are so steep. It's meant to be a reward for the most dedicated players willing to log on every day. That is perfectly acceptable and I have no issue with that - giving people a greater reason to play on a regular basis is a good idea. It lets the server grow a community of regular players. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

However, 50 days of consecutive logging in, day after day, is... a little bit too demanding... at least in my opinion.

Let's look at it from a different viewpoint.
50 days are almost two months. Almost one sixth of an entire year. A lot of things can happen during that time. Over time, various events pop up, some of which may force us to be unable to play, or even access the computer at all. For example, I already have something scheduled within the next 34 days (I have finished DH #16 today; about 34 more days to go), and this effectively means that I know I won't be able to get the Deluxo because of that scheduled event. I will be away from my home - this event will also make me unable to access any sort of a computer. I cannot reschedule it in any way, nor can I arrange to take my PC with me. I would also prefer not to share my account with others. I've never done it on any service I've used and I'd rather not start doing it.
The aforementioned event will be happening about four weeks from now. My current DH streak for the Deluxo is already dead n-nani?! and I have no way to save it.

I'd like to suggest a change to the current requirements of unlocking the Deluxo. There are two ways to go about this, from my point of view.

a) Scale down all DH-related milestones to a lower amount.
Proposition A is a change to the current milestones. In my opinion, the maximum streak which unlocks unique rewards for regular gameplay should be 30 days. We have much more control over a month's time than we do over two months' worth of time. It's easier to schedule various events so that we know when we're surely going to be able to play on the server for at least those ten minutes every day.
Arguably, losing a Magazine Run streak is also an annoyance, but you have to notice the huge time difference between DH and MagRuns - you need to complete MagRuns on just 3 consecutive days for a visual/cosmetic reward, but losing a - let's say - 47 day DH streak delays you from getting a reward which is a new gameplay element.

b) Ditch the streak system and allow DH rewards to be unlocked at the player's own pace.
Proposition B is to get rid of the streak mechanic and make DH events not related to daily gameplay, but rather consistent gameplay. This way, players will be able to resume the progression any time they like, without making them angry over losing a streak for any possible reason. This system is already employed in the unlocking process for the Locust 69 - you obviously aren't required to win 50 URL Tournaments in a row in order to unlock it. This option doesn't punish players which drop their DH streak for any reason and is sure to prevent players from getting angry over a lost streak.

All of the above is, obviously, just my opinion on the matter. Everyone is free to agree or disagree, however I strongly believe that the current 50 day requirement for the Deluxo is, from a fundimental standpoint, a bad idea.

Offline Akamataa

Nah, Deluxo is UNIQUE car, if u want this, u need to sacrifice your LIFE plans xD

Anyway doing DH is realy easy and takes ~10 mins [with login and going to search area] Why then NFSSA TEAM should give FREE deluxo for everyone by option B?
[Image: kiritoblockingbullets_by_setonami-d7xcxvq.gif]

Offline Rarti

Okay this is a very dumb idea.. You have to sacrafice your life to get that car,

My problem is with the diamond hunt is that the jackpots are so random, like i got 3 jackpots already and someone got only 1 jackpot(day10).
There should be guranted jackpots on every 10th day.
And about the special rewards, it's really annoying that we dont know shit about them, i mean how many unlockable specials are there? I just want to know..

Offline Martinz

(08-01-2018, 23:43)Akamataa Wrote: Nah, Deluxo is UNIQUE car, if u want this, u need to sacrifice your LIFE plans xD

Anyway doing DH is realy easy and takes ~10 mins [with login and going to search area] Why then NFSSA TEAM should give FREE deluxo for everyone by option B?

As I've stated in the OP, I'm not complaining about the difficulty of this activity. I'm complaining about the fact that logging into the server on 50 consecutive days depends largely on luck. If real life gets in the way and you're unable to play for whatever reason, any streak you've had going - even a 49 day one... all it takes is one power outage or any other emergency to make you have to start all over again.

Option B does not make the Deluxo free by any stretch of the word. It still means spending almost two months on the server - it just doesn't have to be consecutive.

And the way I'm looking at this... if a game is forcing me to reschedule (or, as you've put it, sacrifice) my life plans to get something I want in it, it's probably being a bit too demanding. Video games are meant to be a getaway, a fun activity to take your mind off of things. If it starts to try to reshape my life to its demands, there's a noticeable problem.

Offline MatthewChow

I agree with that, but to me, the solution is to implement something like in NFSW.
In NFSW we had the DH just the same as this, however, when you skipped a day (or days), you had the option of resuming where you stopped for a fee, which, in that case, was 100pts premium currency. We don't have premium currency, however, normal currency or a code given in the forum, or even a "Bail out of jail free card" ingame item (that you'd get in Jackpots or the same way you get Body Points) would make the cut just fine.
I like the jail cards idea myself, tbh, it makes much sense too have them and it eliminates that loss of a 47 days streak while not making it easy either due to the limited number of the cards. If a jackpot automatically gives one of these cards, to me, it seems more than fair since JP are already so rare anyway (got one so far, the day 10 one).
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Offline Martinz

(09-01-2018, 11:09)MatthewChow Wrote: I agree with that, but to me, the solution is to implement something like in NFSW.
In NFSW we had the DH just the same as this, however, when you skipped a day (or days), you had the option of resuming where you stopped for a fee, which, in that case, was 100pts premium currency. We don't have premium currency, however, normal currency or a code given in the forum, or even a "Bail out of jail free card" ingame item (that you'd get in Jackpots or the same way you get Body Points) would make the cut just fine.
I like the jail cards idea myself, tbh, it makes much sense too have them and it eliminates that loss of a 47 days streak while not making it easy either due to the limited number of the cards. If a jackpot automatically gives one of these cards, to me, it seems more than fair since JP are already so rare anyway (got one so far, the day 10 one).

That is also a good idea - could even be Option C, I'd say. The problem I see in DH streaking is that there is no way to bounce back from losing a streak right now, which can potentially hurt if your streak's above 30.

Once again, there is absolutely nothing bad about Diamond Hunt itself. The difficulty level is just right, the dynamic reward system is excellent - the only problem is the VERY high requirement to unlock the final reward from it.

Offline bartekPL

One sad player because he can't continue streak.
What's the problem? You players would like everything very easy to unlock without any efford have everything.
Deluxo is supposed to be UNIQUE car so very rare on server for real players. Deluxo is not a car u need to have to play, you have other car. Deluxo is not for everyone, it's a challenge to unlock. You can't do it? Sorry.
In MMO and multiplayer games in general you have to farm rare things sometimes even for years and nobody complains cuz those are very unique and rare things.
Deluxo is like Locust 69, not everyone is able to get it but everyone wants it and nobody complains.
Without DH streak Deluxo would be so easy to get it and after 2 months everyone would have it and drive so where would be uniqueness there? It wouldn't be rare and unique car anymore.
Deluxo will stay as 50 days streak reward, it's supposed to be very unique and it will stay.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H815 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Offline Martinz

One sad player because he can't continue streak.
Good job on generalizing my entire issue down to an overly simplified label and mocking me in the very first sentence of the response; that is definitely something nice to read. I'll reply anyway.

What's the problem? You players would like everything very easy to unlock without any efford have everything.
It's not a demand for effortless gameplay. It's a suggestion that the requirement is too high and unreasonable in its current state.

Deluxo is supposed to be UNIQUE car so very rare on server for real players. Deluxo is not a car u need to have to play, you have other car. Deluxo is not for everyone, it's a challenge to unlock. You can't do it? Sorry.
Uniquity of the Deluxo right now seems to be based around the fact that it requires you to be constantly available for gameplay for two months - something that can be impacted by real life.
The "challenge" does not require skill, but rather blind luck that your life will be boring enough to let you log on every day.
As for the Deluxo not being something the player needs - it does not excuse the requirement being too steep. I've seen my friends and other people I've met just outright drop games or their aspects if they found some unlock requirements for content to be too high or unreasonable. For an example, look no further than the recent Star Wars Battlefront II fiasco. You could play the game without going for unlocking all the content, but many players chose not to (or outright boycotted the game) after it was found out that you have to pay literal thousands of dollars to unlock everything.

In MMO and multiplayer games in general you have to farm rare things sometimes even for years and nobody complains cuz those are very unique and rare things.
1) I've never heard of any MMO requiring literal years of grinding; it's always months at best.
2) In many other games there is an item market, an economy and alternate means of obtaining items. NFS:SA does not feature item trading nor an economy based on supply and demand - there is only one way of unlocking certain content. L69 is one such item - exclusive to players who are good enough to win 50 URL Tournaments in total, and that is perfectly okay.

Deluxo is like Locust 69, not everyone is able to get it but everyone wants it and nobody complains.
Without DH streak Deluxo would be so easy to get it and after 2 months everyone would have it and drive so where would be uniqueness there? It wouldn't be rare and unique car anymore.

The difference is that L69 can be obtained through actual gameplay skills. You have to be competent enough and have a good feel of the driving mechanics in order to win the URL tournaments (well, that and a decent car) and eventually you will unlock the L69.
Deluxo's current unlock condition is based around hoping that you can afford to be continuously active day after day for almost two months; this basically means that you cannot arrange any long-term vacations or basically anything that takes you away from home for more than 24 hours. This is acceptable for shorter accomplishments like MagRuns - losing a two day streak does not hurt whatsoever; demanding almost two months of dedicated gameplay hinges on silliness.

Once again, I have no issue of it requiring a grind - I have an issue with what I consider an absurdly flimsy unlock condition. My proposition is still the same - either lower the requirement to just one month, remove the streak loss and allow players to unlock the Deluxo by just completing 50 days in total (or raise the amount of days required if you think 50 days in total is too little; even 100 will do if deemed appropriate) or introduce a mechanic which allows the players to bail out of a lost streak at a price (like an amount of money, respect or points which increases with every missed day).

Away RaiYou

Or another suggestion coming from need for speed World... Make the streak resetable via paying with taskpoints, but with the rule of once per week like in treasure hunt in nfs world.

Offline Sardyna153

(09-01-2018, 15:54)RaiYou Wrote: Or another suggestion coming from need for speed World... Make the streak resetable via paying with taskpoints, but with the rule of once per week like in treasure hunt in nfs world.

nah, it would be unfair for some players for ex. - i have 20 taskpoints and i unlocked everything, so i don't have to be afraid that i can miss one day because i can pay that 1 task, and other player can't because he want to save that taskpoint for cards
[Image: list_by_kouno_b-d7hdfxh.jpg]