facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

URL, setups and DYNO testing vs beginners

Napisany przez Magpie, 26-03-2019, 23:19
URL, setups and DYNO testing vs beginners

Offline Magpie

Hi there!

In the last few days, i tried to read everything in the topic of new players's ragequit and URL reforms, so I have decided to write my own ideas. I hope they aren't so repetitive.

1. Join to an URL tournament

a.) Forum power

Like the magazine runs, URL will be unplayable whitout forum registration. I registrated to this forum after I have played for a week on the server, and completed (ehm... finished with 0 point) a few URL event. Okay, if you go to the little yellow star, there will be a panel says that you need to registrate here, but I didnt see that sign anywhere, except maybe on the "welcome text" at the login screen. So it needs better "marketing", or we have to force the newbies to read it.

b.) RP limit. 

Under X thousand RP for example the amount of rp what needs to maxed out your first car (I dont know the exact number) you can't join. The most of the setups need a maxed car, even if you go to url 250 with an E class car, to not finish on the last place. A manana has similar points at real 1/1/1 setup, like a manana with drivertrain 3, tires 3 and nitro 3, but the performance of the two car not the same at all. 

c.) URL "ticket"

There a lot of track records and statistic on the server. Why dont use them as a criterion to allow, or not to allow the unexperienced players joining an URL? I mean. After finish the fastes player, you have 30 sec to finish too. (Or 60? I didnt see that timer for a while Confused  ) So if you add 30 sec to the record on that track, you get that time what you beat, you can reach the finish lime in time, even if ANOD1ZE is your rival. What I want to suggest, is an additional time run with at least 3 laps on one of the longest URL track, with the time limit of the actual best time (or a bit slower) +30 sec for first time, when you try to join to an URL. If you comleted that run, you get your URL ticket to the entry. 

2. Cars and balance.

a. Less "first time" car

Imagine that fresh player, who choice a washington as first car. In every other NFS game, you got a decent car at the start of the game. In the NFS World, you cant choice a Charger as starter car. There were the Silvia, the 200/240SX, Mazda 3, Eclipse Coupe etc. So why we expect from the new players to know the cars BEFORE give them the chance to drive them? Just give them the 2-3-4 best cars from the E class, there is not wrong choice.

b. Balance the E cars
The old story, buff the better cars or nerf the worse ones, it wont be happen as I see the things Big Grin

c. Just a test circruit

When I was in the first "The Crew" beta test, the biggest surprise was for me the test circuit of the first cars before weapon picking.
I spent there 2 hours... (there was only 4 cars if my memory dont cheat me)

3. DYNO, meta and other utilities

a.) Get the f**k off that damn cop from next the LS stadion. Its very annoying, when I have to wait 20 min to the next URL run after I was late the first run because the police. I know, its just my own nonsense probleme, but pls.  Shy

b.) Performance shop DYNO timer

On the drift track, there is the counter, the X-Street track has own timer, and the drag track... ehm... does it work?
The point, that I dont see the reason, why isnt a timer/ finish line at the "free run" testing. It could be very helpful when someone try to optimizing a car to Bay. 

c.) Tires and acceleration

Its a question, not an idea. I tested Cheetah and Tampa on the street-x track in the prformace shop with stock, T1, T3, drifty and grippy tires, but is didnt experienced any changes in acceleration from 0 km/h to the wall in a straight part of that track. So... wtf? Im pretty confused now.

d.) URL meta

In URL-s you can see Sultan, SGT, Manana, Primo under 450. Rarely some special URL like stock mamba, or only SUV, but there are not "non-meta"  URL. If I buy a new car, and want to use competitive, the only experience I will get is it slower than an SGT. So what if, the URL-s rules could change week after week? The most common two car type will be banned for the next week from the URL-s, or something like this. Possible its useless, but I feel that, we have to try give some diversity to the everydays's URLs. If you make a random generator, and automatically raffle a car on the first day on every week and making an URL only to this car on every weekend, thats perfect too. 

I guess thats all yet XD Sorry for my english, I hope it is understandable what I wrote.

Away Lefty

1- Seens very pointless, this will not help people at all.

2- a) I didn't understand quite well what you meant, but I think you meant that new players should know the best car from the beggining? If yes well, they can ask people if they want to, and actually every car from E (excpet futo) is decent for racing.
b) Only Futo needs buffs, one of the best cars got nerfed to hell, now it's pretty much useless appart for drifting.
Washington might need some suspension buffs aswell, otherwise, E class is fine rn.
c) idk what you meant here, theres bayview for testing, or you mean a test drive for the cars? This has been discussed here on forum already.

3- a) ?
b) This also has been suggested here already.
c)Tires add Grip and Traction, it doesn't affect acceleration directly.
d)This is already done with URL events made by the moderators.

Offline Magpie

(27-03-2019, 00:41)Lefty Wrote: 1- Seens very pointless, this will not help people at all.
2- a) I didn't understand quite well what you meant, but I think you meant that new players should know the best car from the beggining? If yes well, they can ask people if they want to, and actually every car from E (excpet futo) is decent for racing.
b) Only Futo needs buffs, one of the best cars got nerfed to hell, now it's pretty much useless appart for drifting.
Washington might need some suspension buffs aswell, otherwise, E class is fine rn.

c) idk what you meant here, theres bayview for testing, or you mean a test drive for the cars? This has been discussed here on forum already.

3- a) ?
b) This also has been suggested here already.
c)Tires add Grip and Traction, it doesn't affect acceleration directly.
d)This is done with URL events, made by the moderators.

In the first point, I just tried to find some solution of the ragequits. Yes, I go for this in a strange way. But, there are not any game, what allow you to go competitive with 0 experience. The limits just show the new players, that they have to be get better before go to an URL. Its much more demotivating when you cant finish in time, and dont earn any rewards for that 20min, than finish on last place and at least get some rp/money. The time challenge could demonstrate what is the level, what will waiting for the gamers in URLs. 

2/a) I mean from accident choice the car with the weirdest suspension for the first time, not the best. So maybe we have to filter the dyno addictive starter cars.
2/c Ohh sorry, yes i was a bit poitless. Its for the very first car choice. You could drive the E class cars before you get one of them. Its possible, that suggested already. Too much post to read here.
3/a nevermind Big Grin
3/c yep, I figured out. Just the bars at the performace shop show that tires increase acceleration. A bit deceptive. 
3/d Yes, the point that the moderators do that. Not automaticly, or predictable which cars will be on the special URLs. I mean here the not stock-car URLs. I think, it will be fun, if at monday you could see that on saturday will be an URL for Vincent 300 only. so you have 6 days to buy a vincent, max out and make a setup and dyno to 300 for it. Just an example. 6 day maybe fair enough for that. Or do it 2 weeks forward. The random, impulsive spec URL-s dont let the non premium, not beginner, but not veteran players to prepare to them.
Thanks anyway Smile