facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Everything wrong with NFS:SA

Napisany przez Nabatse, 31-10-2019, 11:54
Everything wrong with NFS:SA

Offline Nabatse

So what do we have here
-Clickbait title - check
-Another useless long thread that this moron (me) wants to discuss - check
-Needless lines at the beggining of the thread - check
Now we can start.

Hi everyone! Today i'd like to talk about some little things that annoys me(and maybe some other players too) on the server.
Okay the title is a bit rough, there isn't any fatal problem with the server in my opinion, and I know some of these have appeared on the forum before, but these problems came up every day i play the game in some way, and they are growing on me so much day by day...
I'll put a "*" for the points where i assume this is probably only my problem, and noone else don't care about it.

1.The multiple magazine delete. 
Okay, i saw this actually disturbs many players, including me. Why we can't have this option yet? :/

2.Change the language in the game/Remember the selected language. 
Speak for themselves.

3.See the toptimes for time trial. 
Before you select the difficulty, you could see what your best time is, or best time of the week on that screen. Like this: https://imgur.com/MGw4aHv
To be more comparable. Nobody can remember all the avarage times they make on 1 map. For example, i select a map on hard difficulty where i have 50 sec to do it, i say "okay i'll do it", the map loads and i see that my best time is 1 minute 7 sec, that doesn't even come near the time i have for the map, i can't finish the map so it's almost pointless, i should've go with easy difficulty but i couldn't know that in the first place.    

*4.Quick dyno setup change for your car in the race lobby. 
I mean, there are so much kind of maps e.g. in the circuit/sprint category. Some have longer straights, some have more corners, both of them requires different dyno setups. So we could change between setups before the race starts. This way we don't have to go to the permoance shop just to change the dyno for the circuit that have more corners than the ones before.

*5.Car class filter for custom race. 
For example i don't want people to join to my race with A class cars at all, or i only want people to join with B class car. Unfortunately we can't do it with only the limit score option.

6.Police in pursuit have X-ray. 
When i'm in the cooldown zone for example in SF in the "underground garage" near doherty, the police are always above me playing dodgem with each other. The same applies to when you are behind a wall, the police will see you (even when they couldn't) and ramming to that wall to reach you. I know it's in the script that they follow me wherever i am, but this just feels a little stupid i think.

7.Arrange cars in your garage. 
I know there are the sort options and a searching bar but still.. it would be more confortable to arrange my cars as i want.
Or at least the sorting could stay on that option i chose before until i choose another one. 

8.Buying again the bodyparts in the shop that i already bought before on 1 car. 
Why the game can't remember that i bought a spoiler/bodykit, and if i change it later why should i pay again if i want to get the old one back for the same car? If the performance shop could do it, so the part shop can. I spent many, many dollars back in the day just for 2 spoilers to see how they look, then i realised that they look awful and went back and had to pay for the spoiler i had.
Okay maybe this one is just babycrying.

*9.Vinyls/stickers on the spoilers. 
Why, just why...  I have an emblem on the back of my car, and that emblem also appears on the top of the spoiler because.. why? The only option to "fix" this is to have a carbon spoiler, but with some paintjob, the carbon spoilers look worse than if i use a regular one. I can accept that if it can't be fixable because of MTA reasons or because of "we won't redoing every car's UV mapping just for this" or something like that.. just someone give me an explanation please it's so bothers me.

10.Testing your dyno on the current maps. 
Yeah yeah... you can create a race in the custom race and wait for other people but that just.. so frustrating, when you change just one little thing and you need to wait for other people just to test a little difference. You can't go to that specific route in freeroam either, sometimes there are cops in the way, or if you've tested it successfully on the route, you recognize it's still bad and you have to go back to the performance shop and it's so tedious...  Maybe some day we can test on the maps right from the perfomance shop, i can dream.

*11.The user interface in shops/garage. (i mean for the choose/sliding menu, you know that thing in the bottom of the screen whatever it is called correctly)
I know it's identical to the classic NFS Underground 2 (which is the game what this server based on, ikr), but let's admit it, this hasn't aged well. It felt cool back in the day in UG 2, but nowadays, it feels sluggish and it is tiring to use it. This problem really hurts in the paint shop, especially with the high vinyl collection that we already can have, and it will just growing more and more. Yes there is the search option, but it's almost pointless in here. Most of the times it takes the same time with searching, and with rushing trough every other vinyl in 1 category, and sometimes you just don't know what's the name of the thing that you want to search (e.g. in miscs or the spoilers/tail-headlights in the part shop) I don't say we need a whole new interface, but at least a faster one that feels more fluid to handle.

And.. that's it. Maybe there's at least another one person who thought about one of these. Thx for reading through all these BS. I love this server and what direction it goes with the new content, i just want it to be a little bit better. I hope you guys won't throw stones at me just for these.
Have a good day!
(っ^◡^)っ
[Image: 1e6820d12e2cf626a315b8c2ce154bde0c2ab0b9...468_hq.gif]

Offline HorizonLive

+Respect , nice ideas!

Especially the one with already bought body parts!

[---------------------------------------------] I will never find true love! ;( [--------------------------------------------------]

Offline Bunny

Hello, I will dive right in:

1. As far as I know that has been discussed and agreed to be implemented in the near future, so you can 100% count on that being available soon.

2. This has been discussed as well and it was not figured out if it's viable or not, so we will develop on that more with time.

3. This seems like a great idea that I agree with and seems doable, so we will shade attention over it also. Original idea with great use. Good job!

4. This one might be tough and even exploitable or game-breaking so for now, before consulting the developer team I cannot tell you whether it is possible or not.

5. That is possible to arrange and we will come back to that.

6. Some of the hiding spots are compromised and we are aware that in those places police cars can bust players through walls, but unfortunately it takes us time to identify those places and fix the issue, so for the future please report such places directly through discord (more effective) or forum personal messages to one of our staff members, so we will be aware of the locations and fix them.

7. This was discussed in the past as well, not sure if there was a final decision or not about the issue, but will find out.

8. Technically you bought the part and installed it and you were charged for that. Upon buying and installing a new part, the old one is being returned to the Body Shop and if you wish to buy and install it again you will be charged again. Ideally while jumping around with new and old parts, when you switch you would have to pay only the difference between the prices of the parts and the cost of installing it. I am not 100% sure that it is doable and if the developer team would like to do that, but it's a suggestion worth considering. (Would be applicable for the current car, no parts swap between multiple cars.)

9. That is a UV mapping issue that is being fixed as car content updates are rolling, so whenever there would be a tuning update of a car (usually) Matt would fix the mapping that would allow you more efficient placement of the vinyls.

10. All tracks available in the dyno section is quite interesting and good in my opinion, so that has to be discussed. Obviously there would be no rewards there and maybe there should be a timer or not.

11. The transition of the menu seems fine for me personally and I would not trade it. The interface appearance has been updated for almost a year now and I believe successfully. Even though it sometimes might be hard to work with (the Paint Shop example), it is totally fine to use and it would require a high amount of scripting and adapting to update the transitions and interface, thing for which we are not prepared at the moment.

As about the ending of your post, the constructive criticism is always welcome, because it helps us improve your experience and quite frankly there are a lot of new and updated versions of multiple matters that we are working on and planning to, so any small suggestion could help us.
Thank you for taking your time to make such elaborate points, we appreciate this.
dude I'm a rabbit, how do you expect me to sign

Offline Nabatse

(31-10-2019, 20:06)BUNNY Wrote: Hello, I will dive right in:

1. As far as I know that has been discussed and agreed to be implemented in the near future, so you can 100% count on that being available soon.

2. This has been discussed as well and it was not figured out if it's viable or not, so we will develop on that more with time.

3. This seems like a great idea that I agree with and seems doable, so we will shade attention over it also. Original idea with great use. Good job!

4. This one might be tough and even exploitable or game-breaking so for now, before consulting the developer team I cannot tell you whether it is possible or not.

5. That is possible to arrange and we will come back to that.

6. Some of the hiding spots are compromised and we are aware that in those places police cars can bust players through walls, but unfortunately it takes us time to identify those places and fix the issue, so for the future please report such places directly through discord (more effective) or forum personal messages to one of our staff members, so we will be aware of the locations and fix them.

7. This was discussed in the past as well, not sure if there was a final decision or not about the issue, but will find out.

8. Technically you bought the part and installed it and you were charged for that. Upon buying and installing a new part, the old one is being returned to the Body Shop and if you wish to buy and install it again you will be charged again. Ideally while jumping around with new and old parts, when you switch you would have to pay only the difference between the prices of the parts and the cost of installing it. I am not 100% sure that it is doable and if the developer team would like to do that, but it's a suggestion worth considering. (Would be applicable for the current car, no parts swap between multiple cars.)

9. That is a UV mapping issue that is being fixed as car content updates are rolling, so whenever there would be a tuning update of a car (usually) Matt would fix the mapping that would allow you more efficient placement of the vinyls.

10. All tracks available in the dyno section is quite interesting and good in my opinion, so that has to be discussed. Obviously there would be no rewards there and maybe there should be a timer or not.

11. The transition of the menu seems fine for me personally and I would not trade it. The interface appearance has been updated for almost a year now and I believe successfully. Even though it sometimes might be hard to work with (the Paint Shop example), it is totally fine to use and it would require a high amount of scripting and adapting to update the transitions and interface, thing for which we are not prepared at the moment.

As about the ending of your post, the constructive criticism is always welcome, because it helps us improve your experience and quite frankly there are a lot of new and updated versions of multiple matters that we are working on and planning to, so any small suggestion could help us.
Thank you for taking your time to make such elaborate points, we appreciate this.

Thx for the quick response Bunny.

I'm glad that some of these points are in progress or new things that worth to be considerable changes. Maybe some day they will happen then
(っ^◡^)っ
[Image: 1e6820d12e2cf626a315b8c2ce154bde0c2ab0b9...468_hq.gif]