facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Theoretical NFSSA 3.0

Napisany przez KitsuneAmy, 18-01-2022, 17:15

Theoretical NFSSA 3.0

Offline KitsuneAmy

I'm putting together suggestions for a theoretical next major version update for the game:

NFSSA 3.0 Design Document

Tutorial
- Explain to player the basics of the game through text boxes instead of F9 FAQs
- Explain how to join and host custom races, explain how speedtrap and drag work
- Give brief explanation on dyno and suggestions to start the player off

UI
- png or gif image of nfsu/u2 stylized window, with text overlaid instead of current format (Lorimer No. 2 Semibold)

1. General UI, freerun or race
- Save selected language upon login
- Display message upon reaching RP for class unlock

2. Garage Menu UI
- Add the ability of swapping purchased parts
- Add the ability to change drivers from the garage

3. Race Menu (Shift + K) UI
- Display lobby average score before entering
- Add ability to see what players are in the race before entering

Race Types

Quick Race Features
- Add the ability to designate specific cars for specific race types or allow to opt out of specific race types for quick race hopper

Race Features
- Party system: start a party as host and start races after inviting enough players
- Series race system: add up to 10 races to run in series, one after the other
- Add endurance races or increase max race laps to 20-25
- Increase max players per race to 6, excluding drag
- Enable light flicking in race

URL Features
- 120-180 second waiting time to force start with a minimum four players
- Increase max players to 10
- Add custom race car select menu to choose what car to enter URL with
- Remove URL lobby hop limit

Pursuit Features
- Add the option to disable the pursuit mode in its entirety
- Delete the special pursuit map and use the standard one instead
- Mark police spawns on the map like how you can see them in NFS: Carbon

Paint Shop Features
- Add the ability to flip and skew vinyls
- Add the ability to choose what side side vinyls project to; left, right, or both

Car Lot Features
-  Test drive any car before you buy it at Bayview Speedway, just like you can in the Performance Shop to test dynos

Body Shop Features
- Implement Shopping Cart featured in thread here ( https://www.nfssa.com/thread-11291.html? ) to see the appearance of your completed customization before you purchase it

Performance Shop Features
- Add the ability to assign specific parts to a dyno, making it possible to have 400, 450, and unlimited all on the same car for example

Gameplay Features
- Allow to jump to any garage instead of, or in addition to current airport fast travel system
- Add RP milestone achievements and reward player with cash and/or points
- Add Diamond Hunt toptimes
- Change drift toptimes to score based instead of combo based
- Add more exchange options in point exchange menu (i.e. click the desired currency, points or cash, and have fair conversion rates for all)
- Move police spawn near SF Paint Shop somewhere else

Music/Sound Features
- Add tabs of NFS game soundtracks; Underground, Underground 2, MW 2005 and Carbon selectable, plus a mix of all music or a custom jukebox
- example image: WIP
- Add GPS noises from NFSU2 when GPS loses and regains signal

This list is a work in progress as I am still throwing ideas around.

Offline Raven.

most of these suggestions makes sense and could increase players count well, i hope devs take care of this thread.
[Image: 60f3483186b2471f24e326d0.jpg]

Offline MatthewChow

But... We haven't even reached 3.0... ._.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Offline YoWorstNightmare

- Explain to player the basics of the game through text boxes instead of F9 FAQs
- Explain how to join and host custom races, explain how speedtrap and drag work

Arent those already implemented? I tend to reset my computer somehow often, and upon joining the server the first time i always get to see those information boxes.
[Image: YoWorstNightmare.gif] 

Offline Iris Heart

surprisingly i agree with most of this
[Image: 8E992593FB515153AF7A0DA13993EA4407D7D340]

Offline KitsuneAmy

(19-01-2022, 00:19)MatthewChow Wrote: But... We haven't even reached 3.0... ._.

My bad, I thought we were already at NFSSA 3.0 for some reason.

(19-01-2022, 22:12)YoWorstNightmare Wrote: - Explain to player the basics of the game through text boxes instead of F9 FAQs

Arent those already implemented? I tend to reset my computer somehow often, and upon joining the server the first time i always get to see those information boxes.

The way it currently works is that on your first drag race, a window pops up to tell you how to do it. This means that the others in the race have to wait until you press "OK" on the box for the race to start.

If there was a proper tutorial of sorts, this obstruction wouldn't be present and the information would be presented to the user at a more appropriate time.

Offline YoWorstNightmare

(19-01-2022, 22:31)KitsuneAmy Wrote: The way it currently works is that on your first drag race, a window pops up to tell you how to do it. This means that the others in the race have to wait until you press "OK" on the box for the race to start.

If there was a proper tutorial of sorts, this obstruction wouldn't be present and the information would be presented to the user at a more appropriate time.

Dont get me wrong, but i dont necessarily see a proper outcome out of a change like this.
The current system works and waiting max 10 seconds till the start of the race isnt that bad imo?
I kinda see it as a waste to spend time on such an unsignificant change.

"This means that the others in the race have to wait until you press "OK" on the box for the race to start."
Does this happen often? Ye got me curious.

Anyways, i like some of your other ideas and would love to see them implemented into the game!
[Image: YoWorstNightmare.gif] 

Offline KitsuneAmy

Thinking of how to revamp Quick Race since barely anyone plays it. The rewards are fine, but I think filtering race types you do not wish to play would be a good start, just like how you can choose specific cars to participate in quick race. Ideally, all the race types would be in boxes when you click to join, and all of them would start enabled. The player would then disable the race types they do not wish to play and select the cars/ car classes and enter as normal. All of us have been victim to a bad quick race one time, especially when it puts you in a non drift car in a drift race.

Offline edo1337

(23-01-2022, 19:53)KitsuneAmy Wrote: Thinking of how to revamp Quick Race since barely anyone plays it. The rewards are fine, but I think filtering race types you do not wish to play would be a good start, just like how you can choose specific cars to participate in quick race. Ideally, all the race types would be in boxes when you click to join, and all of them would start enabled. The player would then disable the race types they do not wish to play and select the cars/ car classes and enter as normal. All of us have been victim to a bad quick race one time, especially when it puts you in a non drift car in a drift race.

I suppose a concept of categorizing your cars in groups of what race modes they are intended for, basically you add cars to a collection and use it as a loadout of cars you want for a race mode, also being able to select multiple "car loadouts" if you want to play more than one race mode. Just spitballing here.

Offline KitsuneAmy

(25-01-2022, 20:35)edo1337 Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 19:53)KitsuneAmy Wrote: Thinking of how to revamp Quick Race since barely anyone plays it. The rewards are fine, but I think filtering race types you do not wish to play would be a good start, just like how you can choose specific cars to participate in quick race. Ideally, all the race types would be in boxes when you click to join, and all of them would start enabled. The player would then disable the race types they do not wish to play and select the cars/ car classes and enter as normal. All of us have been victim to a bad quick race one time, especially when it puts you in a non drift car in a drift race.

I suppose a concept of categorizing your cars in groups of what race modes they are intended for, basically you add cars to a collection and use it as a loadout of cars you want for a race mode, also being able to select multiple "car loadouts" if you want to play more than one race mode. Just spitballing here.

Added these thoughts to the first post. I think of new things to add every other day I play the game, like this thought here: