facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

A minor suggestion - Rim paint type

Napisany przez TheSultanAkbar, 29-08-2022, 11:12
A minor suggestion - Rim paint type

Offline TheSultanAkbar

Hello, I would like to suggest the ability to change the type of paint your rims are, much like the paint of your vehicle, if that is possible of course. 

Going by ProStreet, matte, gloss and chrome.

Has this been suggested before? If not, I'm suprised it hasn't.

No, don't shut down the server, too much work has gone into it to just give up now.

Thanks.

Offline MatthewChow

Good luck convincing Orbacle to add it, because I've had your request done for half a year now, except full chrome, since the game engine doesn't support "real" reflections and the alternatives don't look that good.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Offline TheSultanAkbar

Aha, interesting. The Washington and the Broadway feature chrome trim as parts. Uh, I can't quite remember how it looks, haven't driven them in a minute, it was a bit strange but worked in this game. Wouldn't it be something like just making the colour extremely shiny and kind of dark in some parts to simulate reflections?

Furthermore, can MTA support more accurate colour choices? Using an RGB scale, brightness, hue, that kind of stuff. And separate colour types for vinyls, how about that?

Thanks.

Offline MatthewChow

Yes, all of that is possible. It requires an UI update and a few other things.
I don't like that kind of chrome effect much because I made those new shaders with screen space reflections as a feature (which is the closest thing to real reflection MTA has native support for), however, SSR are a bit limited and can't be used for the mirror effect chrome is, it completely breaks the illusion.
I did try to experiment and make a full chrome shader back in February, but, it became a bit goofy. I think I nailed the aluminum type paint usually used on stock wheels, though, which can kinda be used as an alternative.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Offline TheSultanAkbar

Nice. Good going, thanks.