facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Layers, layers and layers

Napisany przez Arunn, 12-03-2017, 22:05

Layers, layers and layers

Offline Arunn

For many of us PJ designing propels the actual gameplay and unfortunately we're limited by the shortage of available layers. I know that there were many threads pertaining to this issue. Some wanted the infinite number and some demanded its slight increase. The response? Allways the same - performance issues. It's reasonable and bartek seems to know what he's doing, yet we've seen some stuff and we are aware that it's possible. Why not increase the layers number by e.g. 12 both for normal and premium players and merge all the layers into a single one? Please don't give me a short shrift and be comprehensive in your response.

Away Hexagon

12 layers for non-premium. Premium have 18 layers. Thats non enough for PJ?

Offline Mickey

(13-03-2017, 01:53)Hexagon Wrote: 12 layers for non-premium. Premium have 18 layers. Thats non enough for PJ?

No Hexa. For us it's not enough to make great PJ's. 18 for non-premium players and 24 for premium will be good Smile
[Image: B2GB8S.jpg]

Offline Kucky

18 Layers - my creativity is crying, amount of 15 cars with 12 (or even 18 layers) - my pc's crying. 1:1   :-(

Overall im still convinced that those lags are not at all cause of the layers, more like shitty performance usage by pc - As far as i tested.. MTA is focused on powerful of 1 CORE. As AMD CPU user im confused out of it 

(and some small amount of RAM [like 2 GB of whole "installed"?) (physical one, not the VRAM in graphic card. - kinda not sure about it honestly.)ph
[Image: uQNR4m6.jpg]

Offline deadboy

Maybe it would be good to make 12 Layers for all cars, except 1-2 cars with 18 (24 for premium) layers. This way there wouldn't be too much cars streamed with so many layers, users have only one car that exceeds the limit of 12. I don't think people do such a detailed design on every car, I have only one with all layers being used.
///

[Image: Zxq.gif]

Offline Arunn

(13-03-2017, 01:53)Hexagon Wrote: 12 layers for non-premium. Premium have 18 layers. Thats non enough for PJ?
Are you kidding me? That's not even close to enough. Maybe it is when your PJ comes down to few stripes on your hood and sides or when you are using premade sets. If you want to be creative you're limited, simple as that.

(13-03-2017, 18:49)deadboy Wrote: I don't think people do such a detailed design on every car, I have only one with all layers being used.
I do and i'm not the only one. I've got all of the 18 layers in use on all of my cars and frankly speaking i find it not enough.

Away Hexagon

(13-03-2017, 19:00)Yrunn Wrote:
Are you kidding me? That's not even close to enough. Maybe it is when your PJ comes down to few stripes on your hood and sides or when you are using premade sets. If you want to be creative you're limited, simple as that.

More than 18 cause server perfomanes worse, and will be bad for players with weaks systems

Offline Arunn

That's why i wrote about merging all the layers into a single one to make the game treat the whole livery as a single sticker. Just take a look at the "Touge union" livery... It's damn complex but it's a single slot sticker so it does not affect performance that much.

Offline Mickey

(13-03-2017, 18:49)deadboy Wrote: Maybe it would be good to make 12 Layers for all cars, except 1-2 cars with 18 (24 for premium) layers. This way there wouldn't be too much cars streamed with so many layers, users have only one car that exceeds the limit of 12. I don't think people do such a detailed design on every car, I have only one with all layers being used.

18 on every car [24 with premium] and I'm done. Trust me it's a very good idea.
[Image: B2GB8S.jpg]

Offline MatthewChow

I actually like the merging to a single layer idea, as I had thought about it before. The only issue would be the "buffering" on cars as you approached them. xD
And it also becoming a memory hog, not in RAM but in your Hard Drive, as it would store each player's vinyls over time.
Having both systems in place wouldn't be that bad of an idea either. Have the slots in use for cars that have under 20 layers, and only start downloading 1 layer paintjobs for cars that go beyond that.
I think such a system would be a great step in creativity, as you could even make your own paintjob directly in Photoshop and import it to the game on the spot for everyone to see.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.