facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Game balance suggestion

Napisany przez briggie, 11-10-2019, 16:03
Game balance suggestion

Offline scaftz

(11-10-2019, 18:32)Nabatse Wrote: And if you nerf 1 car, players will find another car to dominate the meta, then you nerf that as well, then there will be another car and so on. It's a constant loop that lives until every car get nerfed to trash. 

Used to think the same. But with a very specific handling value a balanced stats is possible. Sultan vs Super GT is the closest to it.

(11-10-2019, 19:18)Tekk Wrote:  Also, I think it's impossible to balance the cars just for the URLs. Maybe you could do that with drift, since it makes your car switch to a different handling. AFAIK, other modes don't do that.

Please no. It would kill the handling sense of the car.

Class based lobby URL wouldn't be that bad and all but yes as Nabatse said, best car on each category would still be exist. Unlimited URL is the best example of how maxed A URL would be since it is literally the same thing lmao. Cars on each classes needs to be balanced as well to make this happen but I would like to see every car on each class being competitive at something anyway so it's overall a win for me. Something like class B have SGT and Sultan being decent on most tracks and Elegy being good on some specific tracks. 

Though while i am lowkey liking the class based lobby, i don't want the current score based to go away. it's really good seeing cars from different classes racing against each other. Having class based and score based lobby on rotation doesn't seem like a good idea either since it will fuck up players with the schedule and having players to prepare with more cars.

One thing to blame about this higher class supremacy imbalance is the car scoring system which is apparently broken as fuck. Car scoring calculation needs some rework. I mean, now take a look at this, a 300 score E class can out perform 300 score B class in acceleration and top speed, but not its handling. You see where is the problem? yes it is handling. People throw all the upgrade on handling because it is the most powerful stats at this point. It is very score efficient and higher class cars are taking huge benefit because the lower classes can't have it. 

Handling upgrades should be treated different to power upgrades. Power upgrades can have it score raise linear while handling upgrades should be weighing more as score getting higher. For example something like stock,street,race,pro tires upgrades for E class gives +0,+5,+11,+22 while on B class it is +0,+9,+19,+39. With this formula, players will need to upgrade their tires to fit their car score range to have better score efficiency instead of putting most grip possible to their setup. Not sure whether acceleration and top speed should follow this formula as well since currently balancing between both of them is more viable to play competitively than bulking up whole on either acceleration or top speed.

Other than that, broken specific part upgrades like 3rd gear bug should be gone. A new dyno slider to tweak braking power would also come in handy since some car benefit a lot by not having locking brakes on maxed brakes like Infernus. I know you can downgrade brakes to reduce the braking power but that also affects something else as far as i know. Correct me if i am wrong. I heard that from Nightmare (that german prick, not that soa member) which he said he got such information from Venom.

That's all i am going to say. In conclusion, car scores needs a rework.

Also welcome back Tekk

Messages In This Thread
Game balance suggestion - by briggie - 11-10-2019, 16:03
RE: Game balance suggestion - by qrur - 11-10-2019, 17:35
RE: Game balance suggestion - by Nabatse - 11-10-2019, 18:32
RE: Game balance suggestion - by briggie - 11-10-2019, 19:12
RE: Game balance suggestion - by Nabatse - 11-10-2019, 19:47
RE: Game balance suggestion - by Tekk - 11-10-2019, 19:18
RE: Game balance suggestion - by briggie - 11-10-2019, 23:49
RE: Game balance suggestion - by Nabatse - 12-10-2019, 11:02
RE: Game balance suggestion - by briggie - 12-10-2019, 13:01
RE: Game balance suggestion - by scaftz - 12-10-2019, 00:44