facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

The Big NFSSA Vent/Rant (for a brighter future)

Napisany przez takigosciu, 04-10-2020, 14:42
The Big NFSSA Vent/Rant (for a brighter future)

Offline MatthewChow

Well, although it used to be true, you're a bit outdated on the second point. The situation has changed in the last few months. I've been making force so these tasks that used to be on the coders' shoulders get distributed to active community members, thus, why we are getting a handling overall and new vinyls (and more models than we can deal with). There is A LOT to test in the dev server at this very moment, like, really a lot, specially regarding the handlings since it's the most game changing aspect, the problem is that all the testers are already inactive themselves.
We as players find the whole situation frustrating, the whole no updates, devs don't reply, etc... But now imagine you are literally the only active developer in the team at one point in time and you need help with something or simply that one of your team members answers your question and you cannot get a reply from any them whatever you do to get their attention. I've been stuck with situations I've been needing help with for several months now, one of them affecting this very update. If I didn't turn to community members or if I simply quit a few months ago, I'm pretty sure this project would have already been dead today.
This is even more frustrating to me than for a normal player because I have a lot of investment in this project, and I really find it a shame to just let the server die like this... There's so much that could be done still, even if it is beating a dead horse.
As much as I can find people to make models, handlings and vinyls, things I know how to teach and can give tools for, I cannot code. I still need at least one active coder above all that can keep up a pace, so the others can get their own stuff into the game.
I want to go away myself, now that I'm in uni, but I really wanted to leave this in good hands... And it's being very hard to manage that.
I got sidetracked.
For now, I just want this update launched, the one we have now in the dev server, and for that to happen soon, I would, arguably, need the testers, else it's the players that will do the testing, and, Syaan to pick up where I left off, or, alternatively, me simply getting another vacation from uni to wrap up the parts, but that will only happen in December... I believe the update is a bit stuck at the moment. That's not all, I also need a coder to debug and solve one of the glitches that is happening at the moment with the new parts, and this is the one that truly bites my ass, because it's the only that I really cannot solve by myself with just having time.

TLDR, we have a lot of active development still but only in some areas, and we tend to get stuck by the lack of development on the other areas, and we are all very sad and demotivated people with a million frustrations in life.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Big NFSSA Vent/Rant (for a brighter future) - by MatthewChow - 11-10-2020, 16:03