facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

The Big NFSSA Vent/Rant (for a brighter future)

Napisany przez takigosciu, 04-10-2020, 14:42
The Big NFSSA Vent/Rant (for a brighter future)

Offline MatthewChow

Obviously, I only read the last reply of this thread, I do not have the time budget to check the whole thread atm, but I'll try to give a small update to your concerns with the info I got from the inside. Anything specific, ask.

- The most exploited 3/4 gear cars have been converted to 5 gears. Yes, Manana is 5 gears now, however, this change caused a lot of fighting because at least half of the players this was discussed with were against this change because of URL or something. We can't please all.
- There is a person assigned to a full handling rebalance for months now, he's pretty much finished and the whole thing it is already in testing phase, however, no one wants to test. We have no active testers and no one seems to really trust my judgement when it's me doing it.
- Saying we have two active coders is an overstatement. Quindo is dead and Orb is barely alive. They are good people but they have problematic personal lives and their own issues to take care of, as now I do too.
- I also asked to leave the development team officially, but, as Tekk said, they don't take off ranks because honorary dev and stuff. TBH, color or no color, it's the same. It's just a color. The active modelers currently are colored like normal players, the colors kinda lost their meaning. A lot has changed, even if it went unnoticed.
- The Discord server is still toxic waste, and, that seems like it won't change, however, some of the more annoying members already left. Some people, no matter how much I ban them, always come back. I'm looking at you, Fayde.
- Moderators lost their will to moderate because they feel powerless, from what I am able to understand. When they want to act, one of us devs (many times me, I know) stop them. So they gained a "why bother?" attitude. Again, from what I can understand. I'm pretty sure it goes deeper and it ain't so specific for most.
- Lap times/top times are a joke. Don't trust them, don't pursuit them. I'm very tired of the "X player exploits" flame wars. All of us devs are, because we can't do anything about it other than just making another game in another more modern game engine. Also, with the handling rebalance, many of these will get nullified anyway because the meta changed.

Dunno what else more to say. We are trying to make things better, at least me and a few others are, but we are not under the best conditions at the moment.
[Image: TEgVg7dMvlbFQYoF3YFE_iT3-MR9op3yBLZV4K_a...jfcQ=w2400]
I invite you to eat a sock.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Big NFSSA Vent/Rant (for a brighter future) - by MatthewChow - 06-10-2020, 22:32