facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

SUVs

Napisany przez Kurtz, 26-03-2016, 18:58

SUVs

Offline Venom

Not really, I removed the badging on Monroe (SA had no badges other than those weird rhombus shapes). If you compare SA Turismo with Infernus from GTA 3 you will see what I mean.
Sandking may be a possibility (could also be Mitsubishi Pajero), althought I'm not sure.
[Image: oJ6eTtU.gif]

Offline Helomyname

Sure, its true older models are less detailed. But thats not relevant. The models I linked for example are not less detailed. There is no point in arguing the contrary.

Offline Venom

All the car mods you showed us were direct ports from the older games. I can clearly see how these models have less details.

Offline Helomyname

Okay, what you just said is outright incorrect. 

Take a look at the screenshots again: Here is the modded Cartel Cruiser engine bay compared to the original Landstalker engine bay.
[Image: QBI2Nfd.jpg]

As you can see, it has just as much detail as a default GTA SA car.
To compare, here is the modded Cartel Cruiser versus the original Cartel Cruiser:
[Image: o0U7w9c.png]

Another detail worth noting in the above screenshot is the detail on the grille of the car itself - in original GTA 3, it is only a flat texture, whereas in the modded version it is a modelled 3D grille similar to the one of the Landstalker (see the first screenshot to compare the Landstalker's and Cartel's grills)
Here is a screenshot to further demonstrate the difference:
[Image: sGIeU5u.png]

Then we move onto the interior - the textures inside have been replaced with SA ones, and the steering wheel is that of GTA SA.
[Image: 8fWGthg.png]

Stop pulling these statements out of your arse, Venom.

Offline Venom

Yes, you came across a mod which adds a 3d engine, a new grille and better textures for interior, which by the way is almost unnoticable (from seeing the screenshot of your first post).
What I'm talking about here is that these older models have noticeably less polygons in general, which you seem to be ignoring. Even the SA models have much smoother edges than the cartel cruiser has.

[Image: Kqoe9Tg.png]

Quote:Stop pulling these statements out of your arse, Venom.

Honestly I wouldn't say something like that while trying to convince someone.

Offline JJ_Judge

If you'll make SUVs, I think the GTA3 ones (maybe their HD remakes) would be much more good looking and tuning-friendly. I mean Bobcat, Landstalker, Cartel Cruiser.

Offline Venom

I'm not affraid to remaster these models myself (and especially smoothen hard edges which are everywhere on these cars). But here we are deciding which car should be converted as the unique one and right now I generally feel like a GTA 5 car would be better as a unique car.
I've got one idea though. We technically can make SUV class more than just a normal class with 6 cars, especially when the type of racing will be completely different. This means 5 - 6 SA cars and then a few extra cars from different games.

Offline Helomyname

Well, the cartel cruiser also has SA style windscreen wipers added if that helps.
But, the differences that you pointed out also exist between GTA SA cars - not all of them how the same kind of roundness. You are comparing two completely different cars. I can also post a picture of two cars compared to each other, will you argue one of them does not belong in GTA SA?
[Image: 3rO4Tat.png]

What you've proved there is that there are differences between models, wow great job.
As you can see, these differences also exist between GTA SA models so i don't see your issue.

Offline JJ_Judge

Well in the case of SUVs I think Bobcat, Lanstalker and Cartel Cruiser from GTA3 are more appropriate, IMO. GTA SA's counterparts are too oldish and retro - they weren't "new" even for the 1994 the GTA SA was set in. About the unique car, yes I guess it's up to you. From GTA V the Cavalcade would be perfect IMO. Other solid options would be the Huntley S or the Dubsta.

Offline Venom

Please stop. Just for you I went through ~40 models of SA cars and almost all of them have quite round edges.
It's pretty obvious that boxville, alongside with possibly some other cars has those sharp edges on purpose, you can see this on multiple cars in real life as well. The bumper of boxville is one of few exceptions.

It's true that SA has some old cars, which is why adding a bit more modern SUVs is a good way to compensate for that. AFAIK GTA SA was set in 1992.