facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Let's discuss about balance

Napisany przez scaftz, 25-12-2019, 14:20
Let's discuss about balance

Offline Tekk

(27-12-2019, 16:31)Bunny Wrote: There are 2-3 people that could take over the handling making of the server and will do a great job out of it, but not 1 person alone imo. Will be something like consulting with the testowankos team to achieve good results.

Actually, that is something that did not work. Let me explain. Originally I took one of the E class cars handlings as a base, and changed / tweaked it to the point where it became its own thing. Not just for the sake of being "ooh, so fancy/different", but rather to make the controls unique and enjoyable. Before all that, Matt explained to me how his IRL car reacts to high speed driving and I tried to recreate that without going nuts with the numbers. I didn't want it to be OP nor make it impossible or annoying to drive.

In the end, the three of us (me, Matt and Orby) did some testing in the actual races, at different times. (All this was like 6 to 7 months ago). The car had pretty average performance and could be placed safely in between of the Intruder and Bravura. To the person who reads this: If you've tested the E class cars before, you should know the basic performance scale/graph of this class. But yeah, it had a little fishtaily but controllable steering, decent acceleration and an acceptable top speed. At the same time, it wasn't the absolute best at anything. It was okay-ish, and as Matt originally said, "it was something that he originally wanted", a "fun to drive car" that would be "similar to his Agila".

So, I don't know what exactly happened after this, as I quit the server on July 4th and only came back on October 14th, but when I asked him about the Moonbeam's progress, he said that the handling line I made can not be used due to the gamemode's script working in a different way. So he had to use "something else" and that "something else" later showed to me that the car feels like a tuned out B class car when it comes to controls.

The only thing that was significantly nerfed in the final release was the top speed and the acceleration. But these two parameters often aren't even as crucial - really, just look at the Sentinel, it's a good example. The car is a freaking brick, and its accel and top speed are not helping it on the corners at all.

Anyways, on December 24th (2 days before the update release), we finally did some testing with Orbacle, where I wanted to show/prove to him that the current handling is plain overpowered. There he used the max score Primo against the "300", "302" and "308" score Moonbeam (different setups). Later we switched cars multiple times to see if the specific person's driving skills and the map knowledge can heavily affect the results. I guess it sorta did, but only in the beginning. Though, then it became quite obvious when in one of the final tries I managed to show the 15 seconds difference between us on the finish line, and it's not even about me being such a great driver. The freaking thing absolutely destroyed one of the best E class cars without even being maxed. That's because this van often doesn't even need the brakes to enter the corners.

You may wonder, what's the point behind this huge essay? And now we're going back to the beginning. It's because two people from your team (who's also a part of the test team) made these changes to the current handling. The only significant changes they did were the accel and the top speed. I don't blame them, no. I know that Matt insisted that nothing else should be done to it and they left it as it is now. I even have the exact line from the logs where he says it to Yokou after he mentioned the handling being OP:

[2019-12-24 17:00:59] [Output] : (G) (8) MatthewChow: Race, but the handling wont change, only aceleration and top speed stats will.

What I'm trying to say, is that this job doesn't require a "hive mind". What it actually requires is some basic knowledge about the competitive aspect, the understanding of how the renderware engine works (also the hedit and the gamemode script) and the person who's not wishing to make "every favorite car of his" to be OP. I know, following this is not gonna be easy, but it's the only way to fix the balance problems. Either that or it's gonna stay broken.

---

That was my point. I'm saying all this only because no one else from the dev team cares enough or wants to speak up. Previously Berkayy and Yokou commented on the handling subject, but I'm not trying to bring them to this conversation. It's just I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Messages In This Thread
Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 25-12-2019, 14:20
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by yokou - 25-12-2019, 14:39
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Bunny - 26-12-2019, 02:35
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 26-12-2019, 02:47
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 26-12-2019, 04:29
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 26-12-2019, 04:35
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Bunny - 27-12-2019, 16:31
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 31-12-2019, 01:42
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 31-12-2019, 17:34
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 01-01-2020, 12:23
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 01-01-2020, 13:23