facebook

Welcome guest! You are not logged in on forum, so you may not have access to some features!
To solve this problem
>> NFS:SA Booster <<

Let's discuss about balance

Napisany przez scaftz, 25-12-2019, 14:20
Let's discuss about balance

Offline Tekk

(31-12-2019, 03:20)MatthewChow Wrote: The favoritism didn't come from me wanting the car to be OP, the favoritism comes from my certainty that any changes to that handling coming 1-2 days before the update launching would give a bad result, specially when seeing that the first thing that kept being brought up was either "make the car understeer" or " delete this handling and just copy the handling from Bravura with some alterations here and there". That is simply not the way I work and I worked on this car for way too long to see it get a random kick to the side like that. This kind of change is to be made way sooner than that in development and I made sure there were plenty of opportunities to do it. I made every alteration and experiment I was asked to from my testers, and many were made. If you think the van is good now, you should have seen then. I tried to get you in right at the first test, but you had me blocked. At the time it did have class B performance for real, if not better.

The things you just mentioned aren't the things I originally suggested to you. After you said that the handling I made can not be used due to script working in some weird way, and showed me the new/current one, I suggested you to try and make another one from scratch. Because this one wasn't properly balanced. Gonna mention that all of this was back in November, not 1 or 2 days before the update. So I guess there was plenty of time. And I didn't have you blocked too, you should know that. On July 4th I just removed the majority of people (related to NFS:SA) from my discord and quit the server. That was made so people would stop asking me about what's going on and what was the reason behind cancelling the offroad event. You could contact me later at any moment, if you wanted to. But I doubt any of us were interested in that. More to that, I thought that I did all I could with the handling. Because I asked you I should change something about it like 4 to 5 times during the tests, but you said that it was cool and approved it. That was back in June.

(31-12-2019, 03:20)MatthewChow Wrote: And you know damn well I'm oblivious to the competitive aspect of the game as I personally don't give a crap. I don't play races. My one and only criteria from the start was simply "to make it fun to go around", and because I'm this oblivious to the competitive side and already knew from warning that you could skip performance parts with Moonbeam, I played it safe and made Moonbeam's score higher than every other class E car, equivalent to having an extra part always on, so you could not fit as many parts in Moonbeam as you could with other cars within score limits, but even then, I went to race Moonbeam against other cars after the update coming and I didn't feel like I had any advantage. The other cars kept beating me like it always happens, so... I don't know, I haven't seen anything game breaking yet. I went to check the Race Stats and I didn't see any Moonbeam stealing a top time yet, so... I'm fine for now.
I'm not knowledgeable about the topic of this thread and I don't even understand it clearly, so, I cannot add good input to it. I wouldn't be capable to even if I wanted. My job is not to make handlings, that's why I asked for your help at the time, but, you can keep doing that job, since you're by far the most knowledgeable on it I know and with the strongest most sure opinions. I can make you our handling maker and the next car we add to the game, which comes sooner than you may think, will have the handling made from start to finish by you. You are by far the most capable of doing this job and I need someone to do it for me. We'll talk in February about it. I will teach you how the handling system works.

Well, I guess you're right and your words is some sort of an explanation of why a modeler shouldn't be doing the balance related things. I mean, I do get what you're trying to say, but this car is not a "freeroam mode-only" car. None of the changes that you've made did anything significant in the final release. It's still a car that can whoop a maxed Primo by just using a "300" score build. Your example with not being able to win the race against other players isn't a valid argument too, because as you stated yourself, you don't do these very often. I would assume that it's just a lack of practice. Our skill with Orby matches quite good and during the test races I managed to get a solid time difference, and we did like 10 or 15 attempts with like only 2-3 being me losing to him cause my car spun out or I hit some random prop. I highly doubt that I can be considered a good driver on this server, so I'm sure that players like Anod, Berkayy, Aroszparo would show even better results. Speaking of the handling maker role, I appreciate that and it's surprising for me, after what was said and done during the last 7 months. But honestly, I'm not really interested in such big promotions, not anymore at least. I didn't plan to stay around and came back only to start working on the christmas/new year event. It was one of the ideas that I wanted to finish cause was asked by my teammates, I guess I did. For that role, you should probably ask Scaftz and give him a chance. I often see him giving decent suggestions and it gets ignored. Really, he's the person who even created this thread. Anyways, I'm just sorta tired of everything, "fighting the windmills" and stuff like that, and it's time for me to move further. It's been 2 great years and this community was one of the best I know. I don't regret anything and enjoyed playing here. So yeah, I apologize if I said something harsh in this post or in general. Wish you all to have a nice 2020. See you.

Messages In This Thread
Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 25-12-2019, 14:20
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by yokou - 25-12-2019, 14:39
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Bunny - 26-12-2019, 02:35
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 26-12-2019, 02:47
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 26-12-2019, 04:29
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 26-12-2019, 04:35
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Bunny - 27-12-2019, 16:31
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 31-12-2019, 01:42
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 31-12-2019, 17:34
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by Tekk - 01-01-2020, 12:23
RE: Let's discuss about balance - by scaftz - 01-01-2020, 13:23